ASI’S BODIES (Board of Directors, Board of Auditors, Technical-Scientific Committee, Independent Body for Performance Appraisal and Central Guarantee Committe.
ASI’s Independent Body for Performance Appraisal has been monocratic since 2019, as provided for in the ASI Statute (art. 10) and is appointed by the Agency’s Board of Directors pursuant to Legislative Decree 150/09 and subsequent amendments.
ASI’s current Independent Body for Performance Appraisal is the lawyer Aldo Monea. The assignment was conferred by directorial decree n.248 of May 2nd, 2019, in accordance with the Special Commissioner Decree n.46/2019 of 5/3/2019.
The Independent Body for Performance Appraisal carries out independently the tasks assigned by the relevant legislation.
The main tasks are assigned by art. 14 of Legislative Decree n.150 of October 27th, 2009, and by Law n.190/2012:
- It carries out the strategic control activities provided for in article 6, paragraph 1, of Legislative Decree n.286 of 1999, and reports directly to the political and administrative directive body.
- It monitors the overall operation of the assessment system and transparency and integrity of internal controls and issues an annual report about their state. It also makes proposals and recommendations to senior administration.
- It promptly reports any critical issues encountered to the relevant internal government and administrative bodies, as well as the Court of Auditors and the Department of Civil Service;
- It validates the report on the performance of the Agency;
- It guarantees the correctness of the measurement and assessment processes; it proposes to the political and administrative directive body, based on the measurement and performance appraisal system, the annual assessment of the senior management and the assignment of premiums, as provided for in Title III of Legislative Decree 150/09.
- It is responsible for the correct implementation of the guidelines, methods and tools envisaged by the Department of Civil Service based on the decree adopted pursuant to article 19, paragraph 10, of the decree law n.90 of 2014.
- It promotes and validates the fulfilment of obligations related to transparency and integrity;
- It verifies the results and best practices for promotion of equal opportunities;
- It verifies, also aimed at the validation of the performance report, that the three-year plans to prevent corruption are consistent with the objectives set out in the strategic-management planning documents and the measurement and assessment of the performance are carried out in consideration of the objectives related to anticorruption and transparency. It verifies the contents of the Report, as provided for in paragraph 14 of Law 190/2012, as regards the objectives related to the prevention of corruption and transparency. To that end, the same Body can ask the Head of corruption prevention and transparency to provide the required information and documents to perform the check and can audit employees. The same Body reports to the national anticorruption authority about the implementation status of prevention of corruption and transparency measures. The Independent Body for Performance appraisal, based on the Agency Statute and in compliance with the provisions of the applicable regulations, works specifically in the following areas: internal assessment and auditing based on the international standards of the European Union.