Workshop “CMB Day 2”
16 October @ 08:00 - 18 October @ 17:00
ASI Headquarters, Rome - from October 16 to October 18, 2023
ASI and the Italian CMB community are happy to announce the second edition of the "CMB DAY”, a workshop to be held in ASI (Via del Politecnico snc, 00133 Rome) from October 16 to October 18, 2023. The first edition of the CMB DAY was held in March 2016 and marked the beginning of the COSMOS network, a six years program completely financed by ASI to allow the Italian CMB community to shape up its future.
COSMOS comprises eleven nodes in Rome Tor Vergata (leader), Ferrara, Genova, INAF Bologna, INAF Trieste, INFN Pisa, Milano Bicocca, Milano Statale, Padova, Rome Sapienza and SISSA. The workshop intends to present and discuss the findings from this project as well as the community future science programmes, together with international partners.
Topics to be addressed include:
- Theory and phenomenology: the physics of inflation, primordial gravitational waves and spectral distortions;
- The future of space-borne CMB experiments: from Planck to LiteBIRD, and beyond;
- The future of balloon-borne experiments;
- Synergy between ground-based observations and space-borne experiments;
- Hardware developments for CMB polarimetry and spectral distortions;
- Science ground segments and data analysis.
Participation will be open to everyone interested without fees, with mandatory registration here. Registration is open until the 29th of September 2023.
Presentations will be by invitation only.
A detailed agenda will be made available after the summer on this web page. The workshop format will also include round tables to foster a full participation from the community as a whole.
LOC: Angela Volpe, Elisabetta Tommasi, Eloisa Menegoni, Gianluca Polenta, Elisabetta Cavazzuti