ASI - Agenzia Spaziale Italiana - News ASI - Agenzia Spaziale Italiana - News

ASI for SMEs

The section dedicated to SMEs, Small and Medium Enterprises (PMI in italian version) of the national space sector

The “ASI for SMEs” section provides a channel of information a and platform for connections primarily among Small and Medium Enterprises in the space sector, but not only.

Data from 2012 shows that the total number of employees for the space industry (upstream and downstream) is approximately 6.000 and has a turnover of 1.5 billion Euros.

About 66% of the assets are recognized in the upstream sector, while the remaining 34% are recognized in the downstream sector. SMEs make up 80% of all the companies in the sector: specifically, 39% are micro-enterprises, 27% are small businesses and 14% are medium-sized ones.

(Editing by the Office of SMEs based on data also from the operator of the statistical tools directory, found on the "Portal Web 2.0 Virtual District").

The section also includes:

• invitations for SMEs
evidence of the results achieved in the Announcements
• the assets of ASI with particular reference to those of interest to SMEs
• references to national, Community and ESA of possible interest for SMEs
documents, studies (not only in the space sector), considered to be of interest for a better understanding of the theme of "innovation", high technology and potential socio-economic impacts


This section also aims to raise the profile of SMEs in the sector who have worked for ASI


• CLASSIFICATIONS/CATEGORIES OF SMEs
• LIST OF ITALIAN SMEs in the sector
• ASI FOR SMEs ACTIVITIES
• SMEs SHOWCASE
• OPPORTUNITIES FOR SMES: ESA - EU - NATIONAL - INTERNATIONAL
• FALLOUT: SPIN OFF - START UP - TT - IPR - Patents
• SMEs COLLABORATION: NOT PRIME – Big Industry - University - Public Research Institutions
• DOCUMENTS - STUDIES - PUBLICATIONS
• OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
• NEWS & EVENTS
• LINK
• CONTACTS
• CREDITS


The section begins with a (non-exhaustive) list of SMEs, of various types, which have carried out projects within both the national and ESA framework.

This english version of the “ASI for SMEs” section is an introduction to the italian content which can be found at this link: